Whether you’re just daydreaming about the ideal ceremony or starting to plan the details of your upcoming event, wedding magazines are an essential source of information and advice. And of course, what better way to plan a distinctly Colorado wedding than to get your inspiration from publications that spotlight local venues and vendors? These wedding magazines represent the best the Centennial State has to offer.
1. Wed. As its tagline implies, this gorgeous, magazine themed website combines “high altitude” with “high fashion,” offering advice for Colorado brides-to-be alongside the latest looks straight from the runway. Focus segments on real weddings in the Centennial State and inspirational ideas help couples to plan their own event in style. Be sure to check out our full page ad in the 2015 Fall / Winter issue.
2. Colorado Weddings Magazine. This stunning magazine devotes itself to finding couples an authentic Colorado setting for their wedding. A venue matching feature helps the bride and groom figure out the ideal place given their unique requirements and style. With golden aspen, snowy slopes, stands of columbine and classic Denver landmarks, there’s an amazing variety from which to choose. The real life weddings featured in each issue help couples to visualize themselves there. Cost: $12.95 per single issue.
3. Luxe Mountain Weddings. Can’t imagine a Colorado wedding taking place anywhere but against a backdrop of rugged peaks and alpine meadows? Don’t want to give up any of the luxury and elegance of an urban venue? This niche magazine helps bring that dream to life. Find out how to plan a sophisticated event with breathtaking views that you and your guests will never forget. Cost: $12.95 per single issue.
4. The Colorado Wedding Magazine. This well-organized magazine site is a complete guide to events in the colorful state. It gives the bride and groom a checklist feature to help them stay on course throughout the stages of event planning. It also showcases venues by regional setting and allows you to “flip” through pages of its 3D magazine to look at featured Colorado wedding spreads for inspiration.
5. Denver Life Weddings. This guide caters to Mile High City couples planning their event from announcement to honeymoon. With everything from gluten-free culinary spreads to the perfect venue for a bachelor’s party, the magazine is a must-read for urban sophisticates seeking to make a statement — even if the goal is to remain understated. Cost: $6.95 per single issue.
6. Durango Weddings Magazine. Getting married in Southwest Colorado? This magazine specializes in venues that showcase the gorgeous views and authentic charm of the region. From private ranches to casinos and historic hotels, this magazine captures the flavor of the Old West and shows how couples can create their own signature Southwest wedding. Cost: $8.95 per single issue.
7. The Knot Colorado Magazine. Your favorite wedding website is now on newsstands! The beautifully photographed spread includes regional wedding planners, wedding dress shopping, and real life examples for inspiration, all with the same light and practical charm of the national publication. Cost: $3.99 per single issue.
8. Confetti. This publication calls itself the foremost directory of entertainment resources in Colorado, and for good reason. Combining details of wedding planning with overviews of venues and a comprehensive calendar of events, the magazine highlights the best of what’s happening in the Centennial State each year. It’s a great way to size up the competition — or just dream in style. Cost: $22 per yearly subscription.
9. Style Me Pretty: Colorado Weddings. SMP Colorado is an online magazine that spotlights fabulous wedding venues and designs from around the state, each of them voted “the best of the best” by readers’ social media shares, hits, likes and comments. With sumptuous images and written descriptions that really bring each detail to light, it’s the perfect place to browse while waiting for inspiration to hit.
10. Rocky Mountain Bride. This regional wedding magazine links stunning images to wedding venues in order to give couples the inspiration they need to find the perfect Colorado mountain setting for their event. A calendar of events and a shopping guide enhance the focus on everything the majestic Rockies have to offer. Cost: $4.95 per issue.
11. The Perfect Wedding Guide: Denver, Colorado. Looking for practical advice on one easy-to-navigate site? The Perfect Wedding Guide delivers. You can find information about everything from dance lessons to hairstyle advice to songs that are perfect for the cake-cutting ceremony. Sign up to use the wedding planning tool or simply browse through the comprehensive photo galleries. It’s all free.
12. Reign. The cleverly named new magazine for sophisticated Colorado women provides ample wedding inspiration and advice. If you are looking to wow your friends and social circle with an event that is as fierce and fabulous as you are, this magazine is a go-to resource with spectacular visual spreads of weddings that will really get your creative juices flowing. Cost: $20 per yearly subscription.